For whom is BirdWatch and what do we want to offer?
|Farmers and farming organisations||Strengthen their capacities to employ more sustainable, efficient farming methods|
|Nature conservation authorities and NGOs||Support them in educating and communicating best practices to farmers|
|Administrative organisations and policymakers||Provide them with the oversight and the tools to evaluate compliance with EU / CAP regulations|
More specifically, we want to assist our stakeholders in answering questions, including the following:
Farmers and farming organisations
● Which of my agricultural parcels depict negative properties regarding habitat suitability?
● Which of my agricultural parcels would not pass a compliance review?
● Which of the available greening measures should I choose under the constraints I have to work with?
● Where is the best area within my parcel to undertake greening measures?
● How would the economic value of my parcel/s change in respect to the individual measures I could take?
● How can I ensure that the greening measures I applied are reflected appropriately when I account for my agricultural business?
● Which international, national or regional guidelines do I have to observe and how can I find out which are especially important to my situation?
NGOs, environmental agencies and concerned citizens:
● Which agricultural areas in my region impact the conservation status of farmland birds negatively?
● What is the overall state of farmland bird habitat suitability in my region and its trend?
● Which international, national or regional guidelines are in place that need to be observed?
Administrations, policymakers and other regulating bodies:
● Where would habitat restoration be most beneficial in respect to the overall structural and functional requirements for farmland biodiversity?
● How can I link detected changes in habitat suitability to specific causes?
● What policy changes might still be needed to improve farmland biodiversity or at least halt the degradation of it?
● How can I quantify the success of the policy measures and how can I identify necessary amendments?
● How can I attribute changes in biodiversity to specific stakeholders, such as farmers or farming companies?